Activate.searscard.com – if you are a frequent Sears store visitor and want to get rewarded on your purchases at the store, you can consider the Sears store owned Sears credit card. While the Sears store has two types of cards at their disposal the one is Citi’s Shop Your Way Mastercard and the other is store owned Sears Card.
While the shop your way MasterCard is a general use credit card with a MasterCard label on it, the Sears card is a private label card and can only be used at Sears and Kmart stores as well as sears.com.
Activate.searscard.com – Get Benefit
However, the Sears card doesn’t attract any rewards, but cardholders get monthly deals and offer for purchases at the Sears store and sears.com website. Other than this cardholders also get special invitations and coupons for participating in events.
How to Apply for the Sears Card:
The Sears Card can be applied from the Sears website and it is a very easy process. You can apply for the Sears credit card within minutes and get the card if you fulfil all the eligibility criteria. Generally, Store owned cards are easy to get due to limited places of use than the general use credit card. While the Sears card doesn’t have an annual fee, its interest rates are quite high compared to the other store owned credit cards. Follow these steps to apply for the Sears card:
- Open your web browser and search for the “ Sears Card Apply”.
- Click on the first link you see which will be https://Activate.searscard.com.
- Choose a Sears card from the list and click on the “Apply & Use Today”, a new page will be opened.
- On this new page, enter your details like name, address, DOB, SSN and other details.
- Enter other details as asked by the website and submit your application.
- If your application is approved instantly, you can start to use the card from that moment, however, in some cases, it will take some time. In that case, you will receive the physical card within 14 days.
- Upon arrival, you can use your new card at the store or the website.
Activate Sears credit card
You can activate the Sears credit card by visiting the Sears website or Citibank website. We will be going to discuss both of the ways one by one.
- For activating the Sears credit card by using the Citibank portal, go to this website https://online.citi.com/US/CBOL/sec/secgat/flow.action?siteId=CB&locale=en_US.
- Enter your card number in the box and click on the continue option.
- Now enter other details for verification like SSN, DOB or anything else asked.
- Click on Activate, your sears credit card will be activated.
For activating the Sears credit card by using the Sears web portal, follow these steps.
- Go to https://www.sears.com/en_us/dap/sears-credit-offers-members.html and log in to your account.
- Find the card activation menu and click on it.
- Verify your card details and click on the activate option, your Sears credit card will be activated.
You can also activate your Sears credit card by phone by calling Citibank’s activation number i.e 1 (800) 589-7327.
Where can a Sears credit card be used?
The Sears credit card is a private label card offered by the Sears store and issued by Citibank. The Sears credit card can be used to some selected places only for payments like Sears owned locations and service providers and also at Kmart. Some of the Sears owned store locations are Sears Auto Centres, Sears Optical and Sears Dental. You can also find Sears locations near you at this link https://www.sears.com/stores.html.
Monthly Offers with Sears Credit card:
While the Sears card doesn’t offer monthly cashback or reward points, it offers monthly deals which keep changing every month. These offers can be accessed either at the Sears or KMart stores or at the Sears website.
Some examples of Sears card offers are pointed below for the reference purpose and giving a rough idea to the prospective Sears cardholders.
- 5% flat discount on selected home appliances or zero interest rate if the amount is paid within 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Flat 5% off on electronic items over $599 and no interest if the amount is paid within the first 12 months of purchasing.
- 5% discounts on undergarments and accessories for kids, men and women.
- 5% off on selected furniture over $499 and no interest if the amount is paid in full within the specified time limit.
If you fail to clear the amount in the given period, you will be charged interest in full from the date of purchase which isn’t a good thing and makes no sense with the idea of a 0% APR offer.
- www.rbc.com/activate – Get Discount
Benefits of Sears card:
The benefits provided by Sears card or Shop Your Way Mastercard is almost the same however, the majority of the difference comes from Shop Your Way Mastercard which offers more benefits due to its Mastercard logo.
- Information on sales events: Sears cardholders get notified in advance of news related to the sales and other events.
- Special Financing: On qualifying purchases at Sears and Kmart stores, customers get special offers like zero interest or deferred interest payment.
- Temporary shopping pass: There are times when you forget your card at home at misplaced it in that with other you can’t be able to use it but with Sears card, if you forget to take your pass at store no problem with that. You can get a Temporary shopping pass by just showing your I.D at the store.
While the Sears card and the Shop Your Way Mastercard are almost the same, the main difference is in their category, the Sears card is a private label card while the Shop Your Way card has a Mastercard logo on it. The Mastercard logo lets the cardholders use it at any location where Mastercard is accepted. So, if you qualify for both cards, it is wise to choose the Shop your Way Mastercard.